Our clients’ and team safety is of utmost importance to us – read the measures we are taking here
19 July 2021
This is how we are approaching the new regulations coming into effect today, and ask that you politely follow our safety measures:
- When possible, we ask that only one person per appointment enters the building.
- We are still asking visitors to Vetsmiths to please wear a face covering at all times whilst in our building. If you are exempt, please provide proof by wearing your lanyard or provide documentation.
- Continue to respect the social distancing 2metre guidance.
- When entering the building, please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- You can scan our QR code.
- Please respect the social distancing guidance when making payment or booking an appointment at our reception desk. Please do not lean around the Covid screens that have been put in place to ensure yours and our team’s safety.
- Please wait in your car or outside until the time of your appointment. We need to limit the number of people in our waiting area at any one time so please do not come in more than five minutes early.
- We have a large waiting area and ask that you sit respecting other people’s space. Our receptionists will direct you on where to sit.
- We will be allowing you into the consulting room if you are wearing a face covering. We ask that you stay seated in the chair provided at all times please.
- Payment should be made via card whenever possible.
- If you are self-isolating, or experiencing any symptoms we ask that you DO NOT visit the practice. We can re-schedule your appointment when it is safe to do so.
We continue to participate in lateral flow testing for all our team, twice a week.
This is a positive step as it gives us an extra layer of keeping us all safe at work, our clients, our families and the local community, as well as being part of the national effort in tackling the crises.
Be assured of our 100% commitment to safety at all times.
We’re a small team and not all double-jabbed yet and are desperate to remain open so that we can continue to be here for you and your pets.
Thank you so much for your support and continuing to respect our Covid protocols. Until the rules change about contact self isolation we will be continuing to work in this way.
Best wishes to all and stay safe
Chris, Sam and Team Vetsmiths
A joint statement from the British Veterinary Association and the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
The BVA and RCVS have issued the following statement …
“We recognise that this continues to be a very challenging and difficult time for our colleagues, and we want to thank veterinary teams across the UK for continuing to work safely so that we can all play our part in stopping the spread of Covid.
Once again we thank animal owners for their understanding and ask them to continue to respect their vets’ decisions at this time. The range of services available will vary between practices so that vets can work in Covid-safe ways to keep their colleagues and clients safe.”
We will be up-dating our Covid-19 policy as and when necessary as directed by the Government, RCVS, BVA and as we ourselves see fit.
We thank you for your assistance during these difficult times.
Please stay safe.
Up-dated July 2021